The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Powerlifting
 
Powerlifting Quotes
1
 

CSEagles1694
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2724

anybody know any motivational or funny powerlifting quotes? besides you know you're a powerlifter when... stuff.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

165StateChamp
Level

Join date: May 2009
Location: Nebraska, USA
Posts: 1889

"I wouldn't tell somebody that they weren't a powerlifter because they only bench pressed, or they only bench pressed and deadlifted, but, what the hell is wrong with squatting? What are you, afraid? I thought powerlifters were supposed to be big, tough guys. Strap your cock on, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees!" - 'Captain' Kirk Karwoski

My personal favorite. Taken straight from my Facebook quotes section.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

grettiron
Level 1

Join date: Mar 2009
Location:
Posts: 2570

"Most powerlifters share some common defects. We, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us on to the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt. When this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have that prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn't work on us." - Kirk Karwoski

He's pretty much the man.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

CSEagles1694
Level 1

Join date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2724

kirk is god. anyone know where i can watch powerunlimited the movie?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

JimMcD
Level 1

Join date: Feb 2003
Location: California, USA
Posts: 715

CSEagles1694 wrote:
kirk is god. anyone know where i can watch powerunlimited the movie?


You can buy it here and watch it all you want: http://www.supertraininggym.co...

There's very little money in powerlifting DVDs and they cost more to produce than mainstream DVDs because of the smaller quantities. There is nothing that angers me more than people loading up powerlifting DVDs on torrent sites or youtube. Forget the FBI...I want to hunt them down and punish them personally. If you want to see more long-form powerlifting media, cough up a couple bucks for it so that it's worthwhile to produce.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

HERC410
Level

Join date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 1642

i bought the dvd JimMcD. great movie, tons of great quotes.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

logosolos
Level

Join date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 10

grettiron wrote:
"Most powerlifters share some common defects. We, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us on to the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt. When this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have that prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn't work on us." - Kirk Karwoski


I have no doubt found my people.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

LSUPOWERDC
Level

Join date: May 2008
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 705

A couple of use were having a shitty day lifting,...just a bad vibe in the gym that day...

To put things into perspective, I said, "Well, we could be jogging." The day went much better after that.

Now if anyone is having a bad day, we all say, well we could be jogging, and that persons day goes better.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

strengthstudent
Level 1

Join date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 246

My personal favorite: Die... Or get strong trying.

Not sure who originated it.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

-sie-
Level

Join date: Aug 2010
Location:
Posts: 110

Just saw this one and it made me chuckle:

"Have you ever noticed an athlete in the weight room who is built like Tarzan, yet lifts weights better suited for Jane? Yet, there are other athletes who are every bit as strong and functional as they look" by Joe DeFranco

Also from the same page:

"But remember that no matter how bad those high-rep sets of leg extensions burn, they will never build the strength, power, and functional hypertrophy of a heavy set of squats or deads!"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

buddaboy
Level

Join date: Jul 2004
Location: England
Posts: 2191

â??Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment; Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strengthâ??

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Schmidt
Level

Join date: Mar 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 376

LSUPOWERDC wrote:
"Well, we could be jogging."



I smell a classic!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Wrah
Level

Join date: Oct 2007
Location:
Posts: 304

-sie- wrote:
Just saw this one and it made me chuckle:

"Have you ever noticed an athlete in the weight room who is built like Tarzan, yet lifts weights better suited for Jane? Yet, there are other athletes who are every bit as strong and functional as they look" by Joe DeFranco

Also from the same page:

"But remember that no matter how bad those high-rep sets of leg extensions burn, they will never build the strength, power, and functional hypertrophy of a heavy set of squats or deads!"


Did he really say the word...functional? Oh my...

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

aaron_lohan
Level

Join date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 116

My training partner said to Mark Felix "Have you ever heard of gravity" after a set of deadlifts lol.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Cprimero
Level

Join date: Sep 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1718

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Boris Sheiko

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Steve-O-68
Level

Join date: Jan 2006
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 367

"LIGHT WEIGHT!"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Hodges einWindir
Level

Join date: Jul 2010
Location:
Posts: 68

Cprimero wrote:
To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Boris Sheiko


this

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

aaron_lohan
Level

Join date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 116

Similar to Sheiko, Kokylaev said "to get strong squat, squat, squat" he squats everyday.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Hodges einWindir
Level

Join date: Jul 2010
Location:
Posts: 68

Kokylaev is a crazy as long as those average broz gymnasium guys. Would love to try and spend 2 weeks doing that.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Wrah
Level

Join date: Oct 2007
Location:
Posts: 304

aaron_lohan wrote:
Similar to Sheiko, Kokylaev said "to get strong squat, squat, squat" he squats everyday.


Well aint that dumb. I have a better guote: "To get strong, do everything". That's by me. You can use it if you want.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
1
Topic is Locked
This thread has reached its maximum number of replies. Click HERE to start a new topic.