The Intelligent & Relentless Pursuit of Muscle™
Get a Life
 
Chris Benoit Found Dead
 

kroby
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2437

Dweezil wrote:
The street is a dirt road, the houses are double wides, the shutters are made out of siding from a station wagon. The dogs are chained to trees and emaciated while the toddlers are drinking Keystone light. The Christmas lights are up all year round and they're running low on funyons and cheese puffs.

The people on this street prefer the dollar store to Walmart because when they go to Walmart they have to get all dressed up. One would assume there is a Calvin pissing on something sticker within at the least a 2 mile radius.

The fact that I am a living adult who witnesses this requires some kind of judgment to be made.


But that this actually drives you to wail about the travesty of life...

You need a hobby. Or a girlfriend to take your mind off all these important issues (like telling others how they should live) in your community. They're happy with their low brow entertainment and you're upset by it. Who do you think has the problem?

Stop your self righteous pontification.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kroby
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2437

baretta wrote:
There is no reason a father should ever hurt a 7 year old child, who is completely innocent of anything at that age. It makes me sick to imagine the fear that kid was experiencing leading up to his death, by his own father, a person that should protect and love him.


Duh. That is the biggest straw man in the world. As if you'd find anyone to argue that killing a 7 year old child, his own, no less, is a good thing. Wow. Way to stand up for what's right.

If you watch wrestling and enjoy it, you are probably mildly retarded. You should outgrow it by the time you start buying your own clothes. Flipping through the channels and passing it makes me dumber.



Let's also include Oprah, American Idol (and every reality tv show), cartoons and comics... ESPN and all sports in general, as none of these add to the evolution of a better society.

You sure impressed me with your opinion, baretta. NOT

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kroby
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2437

JMB wrote:
This whole conversation reminds me of the quote from Max von Sydow's character in the Woody Allen movie Hannah And Her Sisters: "Can you imagine the level of a mind that watches wrestling?"


Can you imagine the level of blandness of a mind that watches a Woody Allen film?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

JMB
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 514

kroby wrote:
Can you imagine the level of blandness of a mind that watches a Woody Allen film?


uh... touche'?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Dweezil
Level 3

Join date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 438

fightingtiger wrote:
If you are ignorant enough to stereotype the entire audience of a television program as inbred hicks, simply because of your perception of that tv show, then how different are you from the white supremacist?


Well, for a start, I haven't killed any black people.

Recently, anyway.

I was going to kill Professor X. I had a wooden menorah I was getting ready to burn on this lawn, but then I saw a balloon and I started chasing it down a street.

Long story short, I ended up becoming an honorary member of a Girl Scout troupe and I made $42,000 over the course over a two day weekend selling refurnished Blackberry's at a gun show for MSRP.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe some people watch wrestling for reasons other than the story lines or the acting? Maybe people enjoy the athletic aspect of it. You know, the acrobatics.


Gymnastics are on ESPN all the time, and they aren't staged.

The statement "You watch wrestling, youre a hick!" makes about as much sense as "You watch the History Channel, youre a virgin!"


If you changed that to Cartoon Network and made it just for Adult Swim you probably wouldn't be far off the mark.

The reason it's actually impossible to refute my statement that all people who watch wrestling are hicks is because it's true. This is like evolution, and you're a creationist and you're yelling about us coming from monkeys. Let's get with the program, chief. John Cena isn't captivating anyone other than malformed youths and people who think possum should be a dietary staple.

And since were all about some ignorance on this thread, shouldnt you be counting your money or something?


We have people to count it for us now. I am actually sitting in a chair lined with 100 dollar bills. The casing for the chair is made largely out of gold and any glue is actually the congealed blood of Christian children.

It's pretty comfortable.

Steve4192 wrote:
http://ww3.ics.adp.com/...ar2006_0025.htm

Average North American attendance: 4,990
Average North American ticket price: $37.34

Average International attendance: 9,160
Average International ticket price: $ 69.18

Strange.

For a 'sport' that only appeals to inbred yokels and trailer trash, they sure do seem to do pretty well with the cosmopolitan and sophisticated European crowd.


1) International events are less frequent and there isn't a NASCAR in Europe to keep their trailer trash occupied, so this is a pretty big deal

2) The Euro is trading at 1.3 to the dollar. That is listed in dollars.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Steve4192
Level 1

Join date: Sep 2005
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 543

JMB wrote:

"International" does not equate "European."


In terms of WWE ticket sales it does. The vast majority of their international business is done in western European countries.

JMB wrote:

"European" does not equate "sophisticated."


I was being sarcastic.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Dweezil
Level 3

Join date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 438

kroby wrote:
You need a hobby. Or a girlfriend to take your mind off all these important issues (like telling others how they should live) in your community. They're happy with their low brow entertainment and you're upset by it. Who do you think has the problem?

Stop your self righteous pontification.


Yes, I am very, very angry. Right now. I am furious about their choice in entertainment. Because by mocking them and pointing out that your average wrestling fan above the age of 18 has an IQ on-par with the temperature inside a meat locker I am infact entering into a state of rage.

Be careful, I might reach super-saiyan level 11 and start a small wrestling federation out of my backyard. It will be very extreme. Pants will be optional.

kroby wrote:

You sure impressed me with your opinion, baretta. NOT


I would like to give you mad props for what you did here, by the way

It's like you had me for a second. First off you were all like, you know, "you impressed me with your opinion"- but that was pretty confusing because it seemed you didn't like his opinion.

It's like you knocked me off balance for a second but then you dropped them bomb:

NOT!

BAM oh my god

It was like, "holy shit." I actually said holy shit out loud, and my dog looked at me, and my dog was like "holy shit" too because what you did there was actually set it up so that people thought you were impressed by his opinion just so you could KNOCK IT DOWN. All of the sudden you were over here but it was like a juke and you just blew past everyone.

Seriously my heart is racing that was incredible.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

JMB
Level 2

Join date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 514

Steve4192 wrote:
I was being sarcastic.


Noted.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

KBCThird
Level 2

Join date: Apr 2004
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 2906

Dweezil wrote:
kroby wrote:
You need a hobby. Or a girlfriend to take your mind off all these important issues (like telling others how they should live) in your community. They're happy with their low brow entertainment and you're upset by it. Who do you think has the problem?

Stop your self righteous pontification.

Yes, I am very, very angry. Right now. I am furious about their choice in entertainment. Because by mocking them and pointing out that your average wrestling fan above the age of 18 has an IQ on-par with the temperature inside a meat locker I am infact entering into a state of rage.

Be careful, I might reach super-saiyan level 11 and start a small wrestling federation out of my backyard. It will be very extreme. Pants will be optional.

kroby wrote:

You sure impressed me with your opinion, baretta. NOT

I would like to give you mad props for what you did here, by the way

It's like you had me for a second. First off you were all like, you know, "you impressed me with your opinion"- but that was pretty confusing because it seemed you didn't like his opinion.

It's like you knocked me off balance for a second but then you dropped them bomb:

NOT!

BAM oh my god

It was like, "holy shit." I actually said holy shit out loud, and my dog looked at me, and my dog was like "holy shit" too because what you did there was actually set it up so that people thought you were impressed by his opinion just so you could KNOCK IT DOWN. All of the sudden you were over here but it was like a juke and you just blew past everyone.

Seriously my heart is racing that was incredible.


"This shirt is black not"

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

baretta
Level 3

Join date: Jun 2005
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 805

kroby wrote:
baretta wrote:
There is no reason a father should ever hurt a 7 year old child, who is completely innocent of anything at that age. It makes me sick to imagine the fear that kid was experiencing leading up to his death, by his own father, a person that should protect and love him.

Duh. That is the biggest straw man in the world. As if you'd find anyone to argue that killing a 7 year old child, his own, no less, is a good thing. Wow. Way to stand up for what's right.

If you watch wrestling and enjoy it, you are probably mildly retarded. You should outgrow it by the time you start buying your own clothes. Flipping through the channels and passing it makes me dumber.



Let's also include Oprah, American Idol (and every reality tv show), cartoons and comics... ESPN and all sports in general, as none of these add to the evolution of a better society.

You sure impressed me with your opinion, baretta. NOT


The point I was making is a rebuttal to the fact that some people think there was a reason for a man to have a breakdown like that, and were waiting for all the details to form an opinion. You've taken my post out of context.

TV has very little to do with the advancement of society. Of all the "reality" TV, wrestling is by far the show that probably has the stupidest audience. The plot lines could have been written by a child and the show itself appeals to people that like shiny objects, loud noises and sweaty half-naked men.

Your opinion of my opinion means very little to me.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

baretta
Level 3

Join date: Jun 2005
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 805

Dweezil wrote:
kroby wrote:
You need a hobby. Or a girlfriend to take your mind off all these important issues (like telling others how they should live) in your community. They're happy with their low brow entertainment and you're upset by it. Who do you think has the problem?

Stop your self righteous pontification.

Yes, I am very, very angry. Right now. I am furious about their choice in entertainment. Because by mocking them and pointing out that your average wrestling fan above the age of 18 has an IQ on-par with the temperature inside a meat locker I am infact entering into a state of rage.

Be careful, I might reach super-saiyan level 11 and start a small wrestling federation out of my backyard. It will be very extreme. Pants will be optional.

kroby wrote:

You sure impressed me with your opinion, baretta. NOT

I would like to give you mad props for what you did here, by the way

It's like you had me for a second. First off you were all like, you know, "you impressed me with your opinion"- but that was pretty confusing because it seemed you didn't like his opinion.

It's like you knocked me off balance for a second but then you dropped them bomb:

NOT!

BAM oh my god

It was like, "holy shit." I actually said holy shit out loud, and my dog looked at me, and my dog was like "holy shit" too because what you did there was actually set it up so that people thought you were impressed by his opinion just so you could KNOCK IT DOWN. All of the sudden you were over here but it was like a juke and you just blew past everyone.

Seriously my heart is racing that was incredible.


LOL!

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 


Level

Join date: Dec 2006
Location:
Posts: 670

maybe he forgot the strangle holds were supposed to be fake.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kroby
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2437

Dweezil wrote:
...
Seriously my heart is racing that was incredible.


Now that was funny.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

CappedAndPlanIt
Level 2

Join date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 3406

Speaking of OJ, how many of you started bashing casual football fans after he knifed his ex and her lover?

How many of you started bitching that "Basketball is just a bunch of guys throwing a ball through a hoop. Its for children!" when Kobe was accused of raping some girl.

Or Mike Tyson. Do you judge boxing fans based on one lunatic?

If not... why do you suddenly feel the need to insult wrestling fans because of the actions of one wrestler?

Do you hold the same opinions of anyone who is entertained by something they should "grow out of" because its geared towards children? Adults who play video games? How about adults who read and collect comic books? Or, hell, watch a cartoon now and then?

Fuck, I enjoyed the POTC movies. Does that make me an inbred hick or give me a peter pan complex?


If wrestling is only for fools, why is Lucha Libre such an honored tradition in Mexico? Why is wrestling popular in Europe and Japan?


Yeah, its fake, and its geared towards children, and a lot of the time the acting is bad and the storylines are terrible, and sometimes they hire a nutjob who flips out and does something crazy. But to paint ALL wrestling fans as idiots is ignorant.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

kroby
Level 4

Join date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2437

baretta wrote:
Your opinion of my opinion means very little to me.


Yet it seems that it means enough for you to actually type it and post.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

buffalokilla
Level 1

Join date: Oct 2002
Location:
Posts: 2305

CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
But to paint ALL wrestling fans as idiots is ignorant.


So just a large majority then?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

markdp
Level 4

Join date: Dec 2006
Location: California, USA
Posts: 800

wasn't sure if this article was posted, it's about "roid rage"
http://www.foxnews.com/...,286834,00.html

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Zap Branigan
Level

Join date: Oct 2004
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 18954

kroby wrote:
baretta wrote:
Your opinion of my opinion means very little to me.


Yet it seems that it means enough for you to actually type it and post.


It means nothing to me.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Robert P.
Level 2

Join date: Feb 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 470

Dweezil wrote:

1) International events are less frequent and there isn't a NASCAR in Europe to keep their trailer trash occupied, so this is a pretty big deal


Actually, I don't think any European in his right mind would watch NASCAR, we've got the Formula1, which is a hell of a lot more interesting.

However, the wrestling scene is still very small here, and it would be worth watching the American show just for the "freak factor".

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Zap Branigan
Level

Join date: Oct 2004
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 18954

Robert P. wrote:
Dweezil wrote:

1) International events are less frequent and there isn't a NASCAR in Europe to keep their trailer trash occupied, so this is a pretty big deal

Actually, I don't think any European in his right mind would watch NASCAR, we've got the Formula1, which is a hell of a lot more interesting.
...


I am not a fan of NASCAR but F1 is really dull. Once someone jumps in the lead it is impossible to pass. The cars are amazing but it is not fun to watch.

MotoGP on the otherhand is great.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Limbic
Level

Join date: Oct 2004
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 507


I was going to kill Professor X. I had a wooden menorah I was getting ready to burn on his lawn, but then I saw a balloon and I started chasing it down a street.



genius

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

Master Yoda
Level 1

Join date: Aug 2006
Location: England
Posts: 90

do you think any one has stopped to think that maybe the "family emergency" was Benoit's family being held hostage by some nutter and benoit"s suicide was in total despair of finding his wife and kid killed by said nutter? Or does the time scale not fit?

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

AJL-1240
Level 5

Join date: May 2005
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 5261

Large Dave wrote:
do you think any one has stopped to think that maybe the "family emergency" was Benoit's family being held hostage by some nutter and benoit"s suicide was in total despair of finding his wife and kid killed by said nutter? Or does the time scale not fit?


No! That would not fit into the politicians' and media's agenda against steroids!

Unless they can accuse the murderer of also being on steroids.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BostonBarrister
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 8860

I'm no doctor, but it seems to me one should worry about the combined effects of multiple concussions and years of anabolic steroid use (which could lead to low T levels and depression in someone who was not on steroids currently, right)?

In this case, perhaps there was a trigger in his son's medical condition that finally threw a wrench into Benoit's psyche -- does anyone know much about "Fragile X Syndrome"?

Nothing excuses the action -- but I don't think there's an easy explanation for the cause.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
 

BostonBarrister
Level 100

Join date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 8860

Forgot to add use of prescription pain pills to the mix of the causation.

  Post New Thread | Reply | Quote | Report
Topic is Locked
This thread has reached its maximum number of replies. Click HERE to start a new topic.